The Send It Foundation is hiring a Development Director responsible for increasing and mobilizing resources to advance the Send It mission. S/he will create and execute an annual development strategy to increase support from individual donors, corporate partners and foundations while also identifying new opportunities for growth.
The ideal team member is organized with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to cultivate effective relationships with donors, partners, and staff. Must have a bachelor’s degree (grad degree is a plus) and an established background in coordinating nonprofit donation strategies.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a dynamic organization at a pivotal point of growth, and to create a meaningful impact in the lives of young adult cancer fighters and survivors.
- Provide strategic, visionary leadership to create a development plan to grow annual fundraising
- Develop and execute strategies to nurture and grow the base of individual donors, including increasing touchpoints and exploring a planned giving program
- Develop a pipeline of new corporate sponsor and foundation prospects to support special events and campaigns
- Identify, pursue, and establish well-aligned funding partners and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships
- Oversee grant seeking including research, prospecting, proposal writing and reporting requirements – pursue grant funding opportunities, and grant writing
- Work with the program team to ensure alignment between program and development strategies
- Collaborate with staff on management and planning of fundraising events
- Stay on top of fundraising trends and the nonprofit community
- Collaborate with ED on all donor communications
- A passion and dedication to the Send It Foundation’s mission
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of corporate, foundation and individual giving
- Ability to see the big picture and think strategically while also being able to execute tactical tasks
- A strong communicator with excellent writing abilities, with emphasis on clear and compelling appeals, proposals and email requests
- A positive attitude and natural team player who enjoys supporting and collaborating with colleagues
- Proficient in data entry, tracking, analysis, and reporting, and familiarity with database/CRM software systems
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years experience in professional fundraising
- Ideally based in North Lake Tahoe or Marin County
How to apply:
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject heading “FUNDRAISING PRO”